If you or a loved one has a drug or alcohol addiction, drug addiction rehabs like Beacon House can help. At Beacon House, we provide addiction treatment in a comfortable, home-like environment. Patients in the Monterey, California, area can start a new life with support from our experts.
Recognizing an Addiction
Drug addiction has a variety of signs that you can recognize in yourself or a loved one. These behaviors may indicate that a person needs help with a substance use disorder:
- Feeling the need to use a drug regularly without a medical reason
- Needing more of a drug over time to get the same effects
- Spending excessive time and money on drug-related activities
- Isolating from social obligations and recreational activities
- Having the inability to stop using a drug
- Experiencing physical effects such as drug withdrawal symptoms
- Keeping a supply of a drug
- Performing risky activities while under the influence of a drug
- Continuing to use a drug even while knowing about its negative effects on the user
Our Treatments and Approach
At Beacon House, we take a person-centered approach to addiction treatment. We offer a wide range of addiction services that includes both traditional and novel methods.
Person-Centered, Holistic Care
We combine evidence-based strategies with individual attention to every client to provide world-class care. At Beacon House, we:
- Support each individual through personalized care plans
- Focus on the primary issues behind a person’s addiction
- Approach addiction as a disease that requires treatment, not judgment
- Integrate real-life experiences such as outdoor recreation into treatment
- Involve local recovery communities during treatment
- Address co-occurring mental health conditions that contribute to addiction
- Engage family, friends and loved ones in the recovery process
- Continue supporting clients after treatment completion
To ensure that we can offer a fully personalized recovery experience, we provide many forms of therapy at Beacon House. Our therapy services include:
- Group therapy: Share your progress and developments with your peers in recovery
- Experiential therapy: Engage in new experiences that help you manage your thoughts and feelings
- Holistic therapy: Treat your mind, body and spirit with activities like yoga and exercise
- Acceptance commitment therapy (ACT): Accept your thoughts and feelings, then commit to action
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): Recognize harmful thoughts and turn them into productive ones
- Dialectic behavioral therapy (DBT): Change self-destructive thoughts and their resulting behaviors
- Motivational interviewing: Discover your inner motivations and how they relate to recovery
- Trauma therapy: Work through past traumas and their effect on your addiction
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy: Use mindfulness to understand and reframe your thoughts
Innovative Recovery Programs
Some clients prefer to participate in recovery programs that integrate every aspect of the process. We offer recovery program models such as:
- 12-step programs: 12-step programs have spiritual, personal and social elements that focus on the importance of accountability.
- Conscious Recovery programs: The Conscious Recovery approach involves understanding the root causes of your addiction and addressing them.
As someone progresses through treatment at Beacon House, they receive relapse prevention education. These services help clients learn coping skills that enable them to manage their triggers. Clients also learn what they can do if relapse happens and receive reinforcement that it is just an aspect of recovery, not a moral failure.
After a client completes treatment at Beacon House, they can take part in the following services:
- Aftercare program: During aftercare, the client attends weekly meetings where they discuss their recovery experiences with others. These sessions happen over the course of a year.
- Alumni Services: Beacon House alumni can participate in a wide range of services that includes clinical services and social events.
Detoxification and Stabilization
Our team can provide detoxification services as part of their comprehensive treatment at Beacon House. During detox, the client is able to remove drug toxins from their system and manage withdrawal symptoms in a safe environment. With their withdrawal symptoms better handled, they can start building recovery skills through therapy and support.