Volunteer with Beacon House!
As a nonprofit, Beacon House invests all of its resources into delivering the highest level of individualized care while providing affordable drug and alcohol rehabilitation services. Volunteers help keep our costs low and provide an opportunity for community engagement. You can make a difference in the lives of those who are impacted by addiction in our community through offering your unique skills to Beacon House.
Our volunteer needs are always changing. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our volunteer application and email to email@example.com.
To volunteer at Beacon House, you must be out of the criminal justice system for at least 2 years, and be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Highlighted Volunteer Opportunity: Volunteer Coordinator (4hrs/ week)
Beacon House is looking for a volunteer to help us develop and coordinate our new volunteer program!
The Volunteer Coordinator will work with our admin team to help develop and coordinate a volunteer program, including:
- Drafting volunteer position descriptions
- Communicating with volunteer applicants via phone and email
- Working with volunteer applicants to complete state licensing requirements (background checks, health screens, etc)
- Scheduling volunteers for shifts/ work at Beacon House
- Organizing volunteer training workshops
- Advertising the volunteer program via local and regional channels (AA community, NA community, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer proficient, including Microsoft word, social media, email, etc.
- Highly organized, motivated, self-starter
- Some experience with coordinating volunteers or other similar programs preferred
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- If in recovery, minimum of 2 years sobriety
Other Current Volunteer Needs:
Maintenance/ Facilities Support
Meditation Group for clients
Beacon House Ambassadors and Community Speakers