Many people who start recovery from drug addiction receive detoxification as their first treatment. Also known as “detox,” detoxification addresses withdrawal symptoms to enable a more successful recovery and improve the client’s health. At Beacon House, we offer detox as one of our addiction recovery services.
What Is Drug Detoxification?
Drug detoxification encompasses a range of services that aim to relieve drug intoxication and withdrawal. It clears drug toxins from the body to minimize the physical harm that they cause. The methods used in detox vary depending on the substance involved in the addiction.
Detox programs at Beacon House address addictions to:
The Detoxification Process
The drug detox process involves three main steps:
- Evaluation: During the evaluation phase, your care team will assess your needs during detox. They will perform testing to determine the substance levels in your bloodstream and conduct a full medical, psychological and social evaluation. This process will enable your treatment team to find a course of treatment that accounts for co-occurring conditions and your personal situation.
- Stabilization: The stabilization process includes the steps that many people associate with detox. During this stage, your treatment team will provide medical and psychosocial support in withdrawing from a substance. Depending on the nature of your substance use, you may or may not take medication as part of stabilization. If you do take medicine to relieve your withdrawal symptoms, you might continue to take it during the rest of the recovery process. Stabilization also involves learning more about recovery and understanding of what to expect.
- Transition to recovery: As you progress through detox, your care team will begin to teach you more about the next steps in treatment. Successful recovery from addiction often involves ongoing medical and psychological care. Transitioning from detox to treatment can help some clients adjust to this new phase in their lives.
Recovery Beyond Detox
As the first step in recovery, detox makes up just one component of the journey towards a drug-free life. After detoxification, a client may participate in these care services:
- Residential care: At Beacon House, we offer residential care in a home-like environment. You will live in the Beacon House while you receive services like therapy and medication management.
- Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient: These services combine the structure of inpatient care with the flexibility of outpatient services. You will attend your care services during the day and go home at night.
- Post-treatment recovery: After you complete treatment, Beacon House can provide additional services for extended support. These offerings include our aftercare program and alumni network.
Discover the Drug Detox Center at Beacon House
At Beacon House, we provide comprehensive drug addiction treatment in a home-like environment. We offer detoxification for a variety of drugs, including alcohol, opioids, and benzodiazepines. For more information about our services, please call us at 800-215-4733 or contact our staff online.