Outpatient programs at Beacon House allow clients to perform their everyday obligations while receiving treatment. Patients who need flexibility often choose outpatient care because of its versatile model.
Outpatient vs. Inpatient Treatment
While inpatient treatment programs involve staying at a treatment center, outpatient programs allow you to live at home. The primary differences between these care models include:
- Structure: Outpatient treatment provides less structure than inpatient care because of its changes in the environment. We generally recommend outpatient services to patients who have stability in their recovery outside of Beacon House.
- Flexibility: In exchange for less structure, outpatient programs provide more flexibility than inpatient services. Depending on their situation, clients can schedule their services around their obligations. This versatility can be especially helpful to clients with families, jobs or school.
- Cost: Because of its less intensive nature, outpatient care often costs less than inpatient services. It allows patients to receive treatment at a more affordable cost when they need to save money on health care spending.
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
At Beacon House, our outpatient programs include partial hospitalization programs (PHP) and intensive outpatient programs (IOP). These plans have similar models — the patient attends services for part of the day, then goes home for the rest of the day. Partial hospitalization programs tend to have more rigorous services than intensive outpatient programs and require more time at the treatment center. Every client’s time obligations vary, but each program may have a schedule involving the following hours:
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): Three to five days a week, six hours a day
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): Three to five days a week, three hours a day
Our Clinical Services
During outpatient treatment, clients can receive any of our clinical services, including:
- Individual therapy: Individual therapy involves understanding your thoughts and feelings with the help of a counselor. We provide numerous individual therapy models, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), acceptance commitment therapy (ACT) and trauma-informed therapy.
- Group therapy: In group therapy, clients share their progress and experiences in a discussion led by one of our counselors. These sessions provide the opportunity to find solidarity with recovery peers.
- Experiential therapy: At Beacon House, we offer experiential therapy in the beautiful Monterey area. Our options include hiking and yoga.
- Detoxification and withdrawal management: Before beginning a treatment program at Beacon House, clients can receive detox that helps them manage withdrawal symptoms.
- Relapse prevention education: Throughout treatment at Beacon House, our clients receive relapse prevention education. They learn how to manage their urges to use drugs and what to do if relapse occurs.
- Aftercare and alumni programs: Once a client completes treatment at Beacon House, they can participate in post-treatment services like our aftercare and alumni programs.
Find Out More About Our Outpatient Programs
If you would like to learn more about the services we offer at Beacon House, we welcome you to reach out to us. For more information about our treatment options, contact our staff online or call us at 831.372.4366 .