I’ve done volunteer work for causes since my teen years. Whether it be in rural South America teaching sanitation, reforestation, and dental hygiene or helping to build homes for families in need or locally cleaning up our beaches.
I always get more than I give.
What I Get From Volunteering
- New friends
- New experiences
- A sense of connection to my community
- New skills
- Increased confidence
- A sense of feeling needed
- The feeling I was doing important work
- Great connections
- I got to spend hours and hours outdoors
- Satisfaction that my energy and time are well spent
- The joy of completing tasks
- Leadership skills
Most of all – I got a lot of joy because volunteering is fun!
Beacon House Volunteer Work Opportunities