There are numerous warning signs of alcohol use disorder. While many may be difficult to observe, others are obvious.
An alcohol rehab center can help you overcome alcohol use disorder and get on the road to recovery. By working with a treatment specialist, you can identify what is causing your drinking issues and how you can heal. To learn about the signs of alcohol use disorder, read on.
Recognizing the Signs of Alcohol Use Disorder
There are several ways to recognize that you may have a drinking problem. Some examples include:
- You have the feeling that you drink too much and that you need to cut back
- Other people avoid spending time with you because of your drinking
- You have feelings of guilt because of your last drunken episode
- You have started to obsess over alcohol – you think about it all the time
If someone has recently approached you about your drinking, then that may also be an indicator that you have a problem. If you’re unsure about what you should do, then a good first step is to consult a treatment specialist.
More Symptoms of Alcohol Use Disorder
Alcohol use disorder can lead to physical, emotional, and mental problems. Some of these problems include:
- Blacking out and not remembering what happened the night before
- Moodiness, agitation, or feeling irritated
- Feeling tired and losing motivation
- Skipping work, school, or family activities so that you can drink
- Feeling isolated and wanting to be alone
You may also experience a wide range of health problems such as liver damage, heart disease, brain, and nervous system problems, anemia, cancer, seizures, or digestive problems. If you experiencing health problems due to drinking, then seek medical help right away.
Treating Alcohol Use Disorder
The most effective way to stop drinking and reclaim control of your life is to enter an alcohol rehab program in California. A licensed therapist can provide professional support, treatment, and guidance as you begin your road to recovery.
An alcohol treatment center offers a safe environment where you can detox and get the help you need from people who genuinely care about your recovery. You can take advantage of short-term care and long-term support.
Contact Beacon House Today
If you or a loved have noticed the signs of alcohol use disorder, then we can help. Beacon House offers comprehensive therapy and treatment for alcohol and drug use. We’re here to help you get back on your feet and lead a happier, healthier life. To find out more about your treatment options, call us today at 1 (831) 372-4366.